3-day A Taste of Chengdu Winter
- Tour Code: IFH-CD-01
- Tour days: 3 Days
- Day by Day
- Price Details
- Tour Map
Day by Day Itinerary
Day 1 Chegndu Arrival
Activities for today: airport to hotel transfer, Jinsha Site Museum
Welcome to Chengdu! Upon your arrival, transfer to your hotel. After a short break in your hotel, we will drive to visit Jinsha Site Museum, where you will experience the brilliance of Chengdu's history and splendor of the ancient Kingdom of Shu. This evening enjoy delicious dinner at a local Sichuanese cuisine restaurant. Buon appetite!
Day 2 Chengdu
Activities for today: Chengdu Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding, Wenshu Temple, People's Park, Jinli Old Street
This morning visit the Chengdu Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding to witness the daily life of the giant pandas. (Optional Baby Panda Holding: You can hold a baby panda and take photos with him / her. It needs about 2000 RMB which will be the donation fee, helping to save the endangered giant pandas.) Afterwards, drive to Wenshu Temple, an ancient monastery known for its cultural relics, exquisite garden and solemn halls. In the temple, you can see the local prayers burning incense and worshiping.
Continue your discovery this afternoon with a visit to People's Park to experience the most authentic Chengdu local life: having a cup of tea in a traditional teahouse, watching the old people dancing, joining in the locals to play Mahjong or cards in a teahouse.
Later this afternoon, transfer to Jinli Old Street, one of the oldest streets to enjoy the local snacks and traditional artifacts. For photographers, visit here in the evening will be the best time to get great photos with all the red lanterns lit up in the dusk. This evening enjoy hot pot dinner in a famous local hot pot restaurant.
Optonal night show: Sichuan Opera (the show is performed at a teahouse, lasts about 1.5 hours, with the wonderful face-changing)
Day 3 Chegndu Exit
Activities for today: Du Fu Thatched Cottage, airport transfer
After breakfast at your hotel, you will visit the Du Fu Thatched Cottage, the former residence of the Tang Dynasty poet Du Fu (712 -770 AD), now a park and museum in honour of him. Du Fu is a realist poet and extolled as the Sage of Poetry. Along with Li Bai (Li Bo), he is frequently called the greatest of the Chinese poets.
This afternoon bid a farewell to this exciting city after your memorable stay. Transfers are available.
Our proven travel packages have been carefully chosen to include the most popular or unique destinations and tourist attractions in China. However, as local conditions and our clients requests vary, no two trips will ever be the same. With the guidance of your travel consultants you may modify the itinerary to give a truly unique experience!
|Dates||Destinations||Itinerary Brief||Meals Included|
|Day 1||Chegndu Arrival||Meet your guide and transfer to hotel. Visit Jinsha Site Museum.||D|
|Day 2||Chengdu||Tour the Chengdu Research Base of Giant Panda Breeding, Wenshu Temple, People's Park, and Jinli Old Street.||B, L|
|Day 3||Chegndu Exit||Visit Du Fu Thatched Cottage. Transfer to the airport.||B, L|
- Private Transfers:
- Between airports / railway station, hotels and scenic spots while sightseeing in the cities specified in the itinerary by the private air conditioned vehicle with driver and English-speaking guide. Separate arrivals and departures will incur extra charges.
- Entrance Fees:
- All entrance fees to scenic spots as listed above in the itinerary. The final arrangement will be determined by local tour guides based on the local circumstances which are beyond the control of IceFestivalHarbin. IFH will adhere to the original itinerary as accurately as possible.
- All meals as specified in the itinerary. “B” stands for western breakfast “L” for Chinese Lunch in local Chinese restaurant. “D” for Chinese dinner in local Chinese restaurant. The quotation is basic on the above normal meals. If you have any special request about meals, like vegetarian, or Indian food etc, please inform us in advance.
- Private Tour Escort for Sightseeing:
- Normal sightseeing activities as outlined in the Itinerary will be escorted with English-speaking guide.
- The English-speaking guide and driver of each city accompany you throughout the entire tour in that city. They do not fly with you from one city to another.
- Service based on two adults sharing on one standard twin/double-bed room; solo travelers or those who want to occupy one twin/double-bed room of their own are required to pay additional charge of single supplement rate. A single room is subject to availability based on prior request at an additional cost; if the recommended hotel is not available, it will be substituted by a similar class one.
- All hotels as listed in the above itinerary serve daily western or Chinese breakfast. All rooms are air-conditioned with private facilities unless specified.
- All the domestic airfare of economy class with airport tax/ or train ticket(s) as specified in the itinerary.
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
- The tour cost includes the planning, handling, operational and communication charges.
- Entry or Exit China International Airfare or train tickets, unless other wise noted.
- Visa Fees, passport application or renewal fee.
- Excess Baggage Charges.
- Personal Expenses:
- Expenses of a purely personal nature such as excess luggage fees, laundry, drinks, fax, telephone call, optional activities (shows) and meals, beverages...
- Any meals which are not specified in the itinerary with “B”, “L” or “D”.
- Any extra cost caused by changes of natural disasters, fires, weather, governmental and local authority orders, political change, strikes, war, riots, quarantine, custom regulations, damages or injury caused by accident beyond the control of IceFestivalHarbin and that has incurred due to the tourist action violating the laws.
- Tips to guides, escort, drivers bellman, etc.