Best Time to Visit Harbin
Winter is the best time to visit Harbin for the annual International Ice and Snow Sculpture Festival is celebrated there.
Harbin, the capital city of Heilongjiang province, is located in Northeast China under the direct influence of the cold winter wind from Siberia. The average temperature is -16.8 degrees Celsius in winter. Sometimes, the temperature can drop to as low as -38.1 degrees Celsius.
Officially, the Harbin International Ice and Snow Sculpture Festival starts on January 5th and ends at the end of Februaray. However, the theme parks often open earlier (around Christmas Day) and stay longer (until March 1-3) if weather permits.
If you visit the Harbin Ice Festival 2018, try to avoid these peak days: Dec 24-26, 2017; Jan 1-3, 2018 and Feb 15-24, 2018 if possible.
Questions & Answers about Best Time to Visit Harbin
In this section
- Best Time to Visit Harbin
- Climate of Harbin
- Flights to Harbin
- Harbin Drinking & Entertainment
- Harbin Festivals
- Harbin Ice Festival Location
- Harbin Ski Resorts
- Harbin Skiing Tips for Beginners
- Harbin Snowboarding Tips
- Helpful Phone Numbers for Your Harbin...
- Packing List for Harbin
- Photography Tips for Harbin Ice Festiva...
- Restaurants in Harbin
- Safety Tips for Harbin Skiing Holida...
- Shopping in Harbin
- Tips for Winter Dress for Harbin Travel
- Train to Harbin
- Useful Information for Harbin Trip
- Winter Activities in Harbin