Harbin Summer Music Concert of China
Harbin Summer Music Concert of China, or Harbin Summer Music Festival is a national concert festival, which is held on August 6 every two years for a period of 10~11 days. The festival is sponsored by Ministry of Culture of the People's Republic of China and Harbin Municipal People's Government. During the concert, multiple evenings, concerts, races and cultural activities are held. The artists come from all over the world. The 'Harbin Summer Music Month', which was then renamed as 'Harbin Summer Music Concert', was held in August 1958. The first formal Concert was held on August 5, 1961 in Harbin Youth Palace, and kept on every year until 1966 when the Cultural Revolution started in China. In 1979, the Concert was recovered and from 1994, it has been held every two years. On June 22, 2010, Harbin was awarded as "City of Music" by UNESCO for its globally influential Summer Music Concert.
In this section
- Administrative Divisions of Harbin
- Harbin Fact Sheet
- Harbin Ice Festival 2016 Dates
- Harbin Ice Festival 2017 Dates
- Harbin Ice Festival Facts
- Harbin International Beer Festival
- Harbin International Ice Sculpture...
- Harbin Summer Music Concert of China
- History of Harbin
- Jewish Harbin
- Nationalities in Harbin
- Origin and History of Harbin Ice Festiv...
- Religions in Harbin
- Songhua River